See The World
Seek Adventure Travel Happy
Happy hump day everyone! I usually post about exotic far off destinations but today I wanted to keep things a little closer to home. I think it's so important to see as much of the world as you can, and that includes our home as well. For those of you stateside, here are just a few of the amazing things our diverse country has to offer.
1. The Hoh Rainforest in Washington: Yes, there are rainforests! Lush, green, and waiting for exploration!
For more information on the Hoh Rainforest, click here.
2. The Everglades: They are amazingly beautiful and diverse. They are also a World Heritage Site, and an International Biosphere Reserve. They are home to many endangered species like the manatee, crocodile and the Florida Panther.
For more information on the Everglades, visit here.
3. Havasue Falls: Beuatiful blue water contrasting against red rock. Havasu Falls is located in the Grand Canyon in Arizona. The southwest is also blessed with many other beautiful areas like Arches and Canyonlands National parks.
For more information on visiting, click here
4. Glacier National Park: This is one of the most beautiful places you can go, and it won't be around forever. The glaciers are getting smaller every year, so get there while you can. If you get the chance, take the famous Going to the Sun Road for some amazing views.
For more information, click here.
5. New England in the fall. Few places are as pretty as New England is in the fall. Go soak up the changing colors, the rich history and some tasty chowder. You'll have great B&B's to stay at, rugged coastline, some of the best antiquing you'll find anywhere. It's almost summer, but a nice fall day in New England with a hot cup of cider sounds pretty great about now.
Where are some of your favorite state side places to visit?
Hi there! I'm Skeeter. I grew up moving a lot and that makes me a bit restless for travel and exploration. I started this blog with my husband Pat when we decided to backpack New Zealand for a year. We are always looking for the next adventure and are loving life. We're just your average couple with two sassy dogs and a love for travel. We're sharing our travels and the tips we pick up along the way.
Hello! I'm Liz. Blogging is very new to me, but I'm so excited to finally write as much as I talk!
"Don't forget to travel happy"-Skeeter & Liz